Getting itchy skin relief is very important. If you don’t get relief, or you scratch it, chances are it will only get worse. A small patch of itchy skin can easily turn into a larger itchy skin rash.
There are many possible causes of itchy skin. Psoriasis, atopic eczema, seborrhea dermatitis (especially of the scalp), and contact dermatitis all can cause itchy skin conditions.
The best way to get itchy skin relief is to treat it from the inside and the outside. Treatment from the outside with a nourishing and moisturizing day cream will provide temporary relief. For long-term relief, you need to use a skin supplement.
While many people have been taking supplements for years for their general nutrition, it is only recently that the importance of supplements specifically for your skin have become realized. Skin supplements are designed to give your skin the vitamins, minerals, trace minerals and essential fatty acids that it needs to stay healthy and youthful looking. It will also help build up your immune system so that your body can be healthy and strong.
Supplements are not overnight cures though. They take time to work. An effective skin lotion should be used with the supplement for maximum improvement.
We will now go over some skin care tips, and then discuss which products are the most effective for itchy skin relief.
Tips For Keeping Your Skin Healthy, Vibrant And Youthful Looking
Many people try different things to help their skin look better. There are many things that can cause an itchy skin rash.
The following things can harm your skin, are causes of itchy skin, and should be avoided:
- UV-rays – both from tanning beds and the sun should be avoided. They cause wrinkles, skin aging, and can increase the risk of skin cancer. If you are in the sun, wear sunscreen. Also wear a hat and protective clothing if you are planning on being in direct sunlight for long.
- Harsh detergents – also known as “ionic detergents” can be harmful to your skin. Shampoos, soaps, dishwashing liquids, and laundry detergents often will contain chemicals which are bad for your skin. Check the ingredients: If they contain sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate (both acronymed SLS) and their analogs, such as ammonium lauryl sulfate or ammonium laureth sulfate, you should either wear gloves or switch to another detergent. Detergents are a common cause of an itchy skin rash.
- Hot water and chlorine. Many people think that taking a hot bath will provide itchy skin relief. However, most tap water contains chlorine. Chlorine can cause skin damage. The hotter the water and the longer you are in it, the more damage it can cause. Limit showers and baths to once a day.
- Inflammation – is a common response of the body to things such as infections, burns, trauma, abrasions, etc. Inflammation is also one of the causes of itchy skin. The most common causes of skin inflammation are acne and eczema. While short-term inflammation is unavoidable, long-term chronic inflammation of the skin needs to be addressed.
- Overuse of makeup. Most makeup will irritate the skin. Longer lasting makeup contains harsher chemicals, and can cause more damage. Its best to use as little makeup as possible, especially near the eyes. Excessive makeup is one of the most common causes of an itchy skin rash.
- Overusing skin care products. Many skin care products are ineffective, while others can contain ingredients with potential for low-level long-term skin damage. Using less skin care products is important for itchy skin relief.
- Excessive cleaning can lead to dryness, sensitivity of the skin, and other problems. Avoid harsh detergents. Try to use natural ingredients since they are much less abrasive and will have no side effects. Wash your skin no more than two times a day, and use warm not hot water.
Supplements For Itchy Skin Relief
The importance of skin supplements is often overlooked. Many people forget that your skin gets nourishment from the foods and supplements that you consume. Improper nourishment often leads to skin problems like itchy, dry, or oily skin. Using the right skin supplement will keep your skin healthy and youthful looking. The other benefits of skin supplements include:
- Help your skin to be healthier and look younger.
- Help in fighting skin ailments such as acne.
- Help to protect the skin from environmental pollutants.
- Improve your immune system.
- Have no harmful side effects.
We have found an all-natural supplement that will give you all of the above benefits. The professionals associated with this site recommend it, and many of us take it ourselves to be proactive. That product is ZENMED Skin Support Supplement. Follow this link for more information about Zenmed, and see if its right for you.
Lotion For Itchy Skin Relief.
For the topical treatment of an itchy skin rash, you need a quality skin lotion. A quality skin lotion will not irritate your skin, and will provide itchy skin relief. The combination of using an effective skin lotion and taking a skin supplement is especially good for keeping your skin healthy, and for treating an itchy skin rash.
We have been recommending a skin lotion for several years now. It nourishes young skin cells, moisturizes the skin, helps to remove wrinkles and discoloration, and will not leave the skin feeling greasy and wet. It has no side effects, and our is 100% all-natural. It is called Pure Biology Retinol Moisturizer. Follow this link to learn more about it, and see if its right for you.
Using quality skin lotion and our recommended skin supplement will help will provide itchy skin relief both in the short and long term. It is never to late to start. Countless studies have proven that no matter when you start using effective skin therapy products, you see noticeable results.
If you have any questions about itchy skin relief, the causes of itchy skin, or any itchy skin conditions, please contact us. If you would like our opinion on an itchy skin rash, you can send a picture and description for our opinion.